- 2 (12-ounce) pkg extra-firm tofu
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ¼ cup tamari
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- To prepare tofu, drain it well by wrapping it in paper towels or a kitchen towel. Place something heavy on top, like an iron skillet, to help squeeze out the moisture. Press for at least 20 minutes.
- While the tofu drains, place garlic, tamari, peanut butter, honey, sherry vinegar and the oil in a food processor or blender. Pulse for a minute to mix well. Add chili garlic sauce and cilantro. Pulse a few times to blend. Set aside.
- Cut tofu into slices and place it in a zip-top plastic bag. Add marinade and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high (about 375-400 F). Remove tofu from the bag, reserving marinade, and place directly on the grate. Grill for about 5 minutes per side, flipping once it releases from the grate. Baste with additional marinade.
- Place grilled tofu on a platter and serve warm with leftover marinade.