Grilled Pickle Brine Chicken
- 4 to 6 chicken cutlets or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1½ cups pickle juice
- ⅓ cup dark or light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp crab boil seasoning or Old Bay
- Dill pickle spears
- Fresh dill
- To brine the chicken, add chicken pieces to a zip-top, gallon-size bag. Add pickle juice and sugar. Seal tightly, removing air as you zip it closed. Massage the bag for a minute or two before placing it in the refrigerator overnight. Tip: placing the bag inside of a large bowl will save you from a possible leaking-bag disaster.
- After 24 hours, remove the chicken from the bag with tongs. Discard the bag and brining liquid. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and sprinkle both sides with seasoning.
- Grill over medium to medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 165 F. Serve on a platter garnished with pickle spears and fresh dill.