Cucumber Lentil Turmeric Salad
For the salad:
- 1 seedless English cucumber
- ½ cup of beluga black lentils or French lentils
- 2 cups mache leaves (may substitute watercress)
For the ginger-turmeric vinaigrette:
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 clove finely minced garlic
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse lentils, then cook them according to package instructions.
- Wash the cucumber, trim off the ends. Using a vegetable peeler, create long, thin cucumber ribbons.
- Wash all greens, dry with a paper towel, and add them to a large salad bowl.
- To make the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a blender and combine, or whisk together in a small bowl until blended.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad, coating all ingredients. Serve immediately.