- Olive oil – approximately 2-3 tbsp (plus extra if needed)
- Pizza dough – enough to divide into two sizable portions for your skillet
- Flour – for dusting the surface
- Pizza sauce – enough to cover two pizzas
- Mozzarella cheese – shredded, as much as you like
- Pepperoni slices or toppings of choice
- Warm up your cast-iron skillet on medium heat.
- Drizzle around 2-3 tbsp of olive oil to coat the skillet base, adjusting as necessary.
- Halve your dough. On a flour-dusted counter, roll out each portion so it’s a tad larger than your skillet.
- Lay the dough in the skillet. Let it sizzle for a bit until bubbles form.
- Peek underneath with a spatula; it should turn a pale gold hue.
- Layer it up. Begin with pizza sauce, followed by mozzarella and pepperoni. Ensure toppings reach the rim.
- Cook over the fire—or oven—until the cheese melts. Crisp up the edges over the heat for 2-3 minutes to your liking.
- With caution, transfer the pizza onto a chopping board for a brief cool-down and serve.