- 2 tbsp. avocado or vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 head of butter lettuce, rinsed & dried
- 1 sweet onion, sliced
- 4 brioche buns, sliced & toasted
- Salt and pepper to taste
For chipotle aioli:
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Add the beef, salt, and pepper into a bowl. Mix well and gently form into four equal-sized patties. Tip: Press a dimple in the center of each patty with your fingers to prevent shrinkage.
- Add the avocado oil to a cast iron skillet. Place the skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add the burgers and cook them to your desired doneness. As a guide, cook the meat for seven to eight minutes for medium and nine minutes for medium-well.
- When the burgers are almost ready, top each with a slice of cheese and let it melt.
- While the burgers cook, make the chipotle aioli. Slice and toast the buns, then spread each side with the chipotle mixture to your liking. Add a cheeseburger to each bun, then top with lettuce leaves, onion, and tomato slices. Serve immediately.