Banh Mi Hot Dog
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp sweet Thai chili sauce
- ½ English cucumber, sliced thin
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned and pickled
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and membrane removed, sliced thin
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 baguette, cut into fourths, grilled or toasted
- To pickle carrots, peel carrot and slice or grate into matchstick-size pieces. Place in a small bowl with sugar and vinegar. Stir and set aside, in an airtight container, to pickle for 15 minutes in the fridge. Drain before using.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add hot dogs and cook for 5 minutes. While hot dogs boil, slice the baguette into four pieces and toast them on the grill or in the oven.
- Spread mayo and chili sauce inside each of the baguette quarters. Line one side of the baguettes with cucumber slices, then add the hot dog. Sprinkle each with cilantro, pickled carrots, jalapeño slices, and chopped peanuts. Serve immediately.